We had a factory sealed #10 size tin can sitting on a table with a slit cut into the top to be used as a "piggy bank" for my son (this was a "novelty" gift he received for saving money). There was $400 worth of bills in this sealed can. Previous to Moving Staffer's arrival, we walked by this can sitting on a table in our house many times a day & it was always intact. When we unpacked our boxes at our new house, we pulled this can out of a packing box and found that the slit at the top had been pried open and all the bills had been stolen.
The moving boxes were packed into the moving van along with our furniture very tightly and we had the key to the huge lock on the van door, so the can had to have been tampered with while being packed.
On the first day of packing, 3 men from Moving Staffers were there to pack. On the second day of packing, one of the men did not return and only 2 were at our home to pack.
I have filed a police report with the Broward County Sheriff's office.
They have tried to contact a quality control supervisor at Moving Staffers many times but Moving Staffers has thus far refused to return the police investigator's phone calls.
Moving Staffers has also told me personally that they will do nothing about the theft themselves.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Theft of money
- Reason of review:
- theft of $400
- Preferred solution:
- replace the money stolen
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "April 27, Friday, Mailed 3 Passports (mine and my toddlers) and letters going to the Canadian Embassy in Makati April 28, Saturday, 1st attempt : Office Closed : returned to the..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."